Hi luvlies! Here I present the proper instructions to nourish and condition your hair using a Henna hair mask. This mask really softens the hair, repairs friskiness. The main ingredient is Henna (Lawsonia inermis) powder.
- Henna powder – 2 cups
- Tea dust – 4 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- egg white – 4 tablespoons
- Coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Curd/yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Water – cup
Making of Hair Mask:
- Boil the water by adding tea dust until the water becomes half cup. Allow it to cool without removing the dust.
- Add lime juice, oil, egg white and curd into the henna powder, and mix well.
- Add the tea water with dust to the mixture and still well to make it paste.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours (PS: Keeping the paste in iron containers is perfect since the iron content mixes with the paste and it is good for the hair)
- Apply the cold mask using a brush and make sure that it touches the scalp.
- Keep it for 40 minutes and wash it out with cold water and a mild shampoo. Apply a conditioner after that.
The Hair Mask has been shared to me by one of my friend’s mom. She makes it and applies it to my friend’s hair once in 6 months. My friend’s hair is super smooth and thus I asked her the secret behind it. Henna is also a natural hair colouring agentand it’s quite safe to apply. If you try it at home, please let me know your comments below.